Wednesday, April 3, 2013

 The Starry Night - by Vincent van Gogh 1889


 The Starry Night is a painting by the Dutch post impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh. The painting depicts the view outside his sanitarium room window at Saint Remy de Provence (located in southern France) at night, although it was painted from memory during the day. The painting is one of Van Gogh's most well know painting.  

"... it does me good to do what’s difficult. That doesn’t stop me having a tremendous need for, shall I say the word – for religion – so I go outside at night to paint the stars.....'"

This is what Van Gogh wrote about this painting. It portrait loneliness in one of the cold , windy and silent night - this is what i felt for this painting. A great masterpiece by Van Gogh actually. It is now kept in the Museum of Modern Art, New York.If I get the chance to drop by NY again, I will definitely get my ass to that museum. hahahaha....


A Wind-Beaten Tree - by Vincent van Gogh 1883

This is also one of my favorite oil painting by Van Gogh. Don't ask me why it is one of my favorite oil painting among his 2100 art works and 860 oil paintings, it captured my attention and well, I think is because of the excellent blend of yellow, brown and black, another great artwork! :)  This is one of the painting which stolen from his private collection, that is why location unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger