Monday, April 8, 2013

My Tools for Water Color Painting

I started to owned myself a complete set of water color tools by the age of 10. My mum sent me to the neighborhood's art center to draw for fun. I was 10 therefore I started by learning some of the basic skill of water color. Fortunately, after the first few months of learning I won my first drawing competition in primary school (drawing competition which held every year). I was so happy and this was the first competition that I have won. (too bad, I'm not talented and lazy to participate in any of the competition..hahaha...) Ever since then, I love to draw and I enjoy drawing. :)


Let me show you what usually included in my water color tools.

This is my favorite water color, it is quite costly. You can actually easily get it from the art store.
This is my color template...I love it to be messy and full of color, I wont wash it after I used. Just do it my way. :p

My classic watercolor palette and brushes.

Usually I paint using Chinese painting brush. Weird? That's my favorite brush of all. Most of them thought only (水墨画) Chinese brush drawing / ink and wash painting have to use Chinese brush, but I use to paint my watercolor drawing by using Chinese brush. It's smooth and easy to paint, but some of the elements or detail artwork will still need to use watercolor painting brush. Let's give it a try today! Chinese Painting brush to produce a watercolor drawing. :)  Have fun!


Last but not least, I will need a cloth and a cup to make my watercolor tools complete. You will just need to cut off some of your UN-use t-shirt and mineral water bottle. Cloth is to dry off my water color brush when needed during drawing session while used mineral water bottle cut into half is to fill in water, I think you know why water is needed in watercolor painting right? hahahaha....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger